Hello and Welcome!
Welcome to the Davis Laack Stress & Resilience Institute! We are here to help busy professionals better manage their stress, prevent burnout, and build stress and burnout resilience. Having trained thousands of professionals in the military, education, law, and business around the world in research-based methods to build resilience to stress and prevent burnout, we also consult with companies, universities, and other organizations about how to build stress resilience in employees.
Our Founder and CEO, Paula Davis-Laack, burned out during the last year of her law practice. During that time, she experienced weekly (and sometimes daily) panic attacks, stomach aches that landed her in the ER 3 times, exhaustion, and was generally ticked off at life. Resilience tools helped her recover, and she wants to pass those tools onto you.
Did You Know…
Stress and burnout are common and pervasive problems many busy professionals face today. Here are some statistics:
- 6 specific factors increase your likelihood of burning out at work. Do any apply to you?
- A 2011 Catalyst work report revealed that 75-90% of all doctor visits have a stress-related component.
- A study by the Harvard School of Public Health concluded that stressful jobs are as bad for a person’s health as smoking and obesity.
- Risk of stroke is 89% higher in those who report high levels of stress.
- A 2012 global study of 16,000 employees showed that work stress increased by 50% from the prior year, with the highest spikes in China (75% increase) and Germany (58% increase).
Please take a look around the website, where you will find more information about:
- Our individual coaching services where we help you identify the risk factors that increase burnout and teach you specific, research-based skills to build your resilience to stress, challenge and change.
- The training and workshops we offer to organizations, companies, and universities to help professionals and professionals in training learn the valuable skills associated with building resilience to stress, challenge and change.
- The topics Paula speaks about from her own experiences bouncing back from burnout to how to build resilience and happiness in your day-to-day life.
- Paula’s media appearances, both live and in print.
- The free resources we offer.
We also write articles on many topics. We offer sharp, authoritative, and inspirational content in the areas of stress, relationships, career, health, happiness, and resilience. Whether you want a more meaningful relationship, to build a healthier lifestyle, to get inspired, or are stressed out by the pace of work, our articles have something to offer you!
We can’t wait to hear from you!